Welcome to City Optometry!
We've changed our name from City Contacts Optometry to City Optometry but we are still the same great Practice with the same great Eye Doctors!
Your vision is perhaps the most vital of all your senses. It's your window to the world around you. Which is why your vision eye care needs to be as detailed, accurate and uncompromising as it can be. It's also why the optometrist you choose should be as focused on the health of your eyes as the accuracy of your vision correction or the quality of your lenses, contact lenses and/or eyeglasses.
At City Optometryin San Francisco's Financial District, Drs. Katherine Morioka and Vincent Penza believe you deserve the best eyecare you can get. Since opening their doors two decades ago, these dedicated eye doctors have earned a reputation for excellence in vision correction, eye exams and diagnosis and management of eye diseases and disorders. More importantly, they've earned the trust of thousands of people who live, work or play in the San Francisco bay area. We invite you to come see why.
Blog & News
- Oct 29, 2014 - What Are Cataracts and How Can They Be Treated?
- Oct 23, 2014 - October is...
- Sep 28, 2014 - World Sight Day Challenge – No More Avoidable Blindness
- Sep 18, 2014 - Protect Children's Eyes During Sports
- Jun 23, 2014 - A Word on Eye Allergies
When we think of having allergies we often think of symptoms like sneezing, sniffling, and nasal congestion. More »
- Jun 5, 2014 - What Can I Do to Prevent Glaucoma?
As people are living to older and older ages, the need to take extra care of your eyes is critical. More »
- Jun 5, 2014 - Diabetes and Nutrition: A Direct Link to Prevention and Wellness
More and more we are understanding the direct and profound connection between diabetes, eye health and the foods we eat. More »
- May 8, 2014 - The Most Iconic Eyewear
- Apr 13, 2014 - Detect Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy with Diopsys
55 Years+ Don't keep your eyes shut when it comes to your eyesight. More »
- Apr 3, 2014 - Eye Allergies in San Francisco
- Oct 16, 2013 - Q & A With Dr. Penza About The Diopsys
Dr. Penza talks about the latest technology at City Optometry - the Diopsys. More »
Dry Eye Clinic
Dry eye syndrome is a common condition that affects many people, especially women over age 40. City Optometry has one of the largest Dry Eye Clinics in the bay area.